- When working in server-side signature mode (default), the program sets up the send and receive connectors that route all emails from your Microsoft 365 tenant to the CodeTwo Email Azure Service that resides on Microsoft Azure.
- When you send a message from any device or email client, the CodeTwo Email Azure Service gets that message and, based on specified conditions, stamps it with the signature. Once the email had been processed, it is sent back to the Microsoft 365 tenant and then the message is delivered to original recipients (no email leaves Microsoft datacenters at any point to get the signature).
- All recipients receive your emails that contain with a professionally designed signature.
Email signature management in Microsoft 365 / Exchange Online
Lets you create and manage email signatures, legal disclaimers, automatic replies and marketing campaigns for all users
in your Microsoft 365 organization. It’s a cloud service that works with all email apps and devices, including Windows, Mac, mobiles and tablets.
In Microsoft 365 (Exchange Online), available options allow the administrator to manage email signatures but in a very limited way. Common weaknesses are that:
- signatures can only be inserted at the very bottom of an email conversation, which, in reply/forward messages, leads to growing signature pile at the end of the email conversation
- white spaces in signatures (left when no values were pulled from empty fields in Active Directory) cannot be removed on the fly
- images cannot be embedded in the email signature (recipients get them as attachments)
- email signatures cannot be managed by non-admin Microsoft 365 users
- users cannot see the signature in their email client before sending an email or choose one of the available designs.
How difficult is it to deploy email signatures?